NTLK Flash vs. SRam

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:58:51 CDT

>Not 100 % sure, but since you didn't get an answer yet, I think it's yes,
>after all SRAM is Flash Ram with a battery. (but I bet Frank will explain
>this a bit better ;-)

Don't kill me if it's wrong, I'm kind of in a hurry and can't verify...

If the 4 brain cells in which my remaining knowledge of memeory chips is
stored haven't left me, you are wrong.
SRam is a completely different technology. It uses transistors to store the
information. Transistors only work when they are powered, thus the battery.
Flash Ram (like ROM, EPROM, EEPROM) has a different technology to store
things
that doesn't require permanent power.

If someone wants me to elaborate on that further, please ask again about 14
days from now, I'm *that* close to my long awaited vacation ;-))

Frank