Re: NTLK geeksafe and userinfo

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 15:59:12 CDT

"Filmer, Paul E" wrote:

> Well, I'm not using GeekSafe, but I have had much the same thing happen
> repeatedly - some of the info on the active owner card gets erased after a
> reset (address, telephones, e-mail). I have not been able to pin down the
> exact circumstances, but I can go through the setup routine and within one
> or two days I am back to the same situation - I have tried SoupKitchen to
> look at the owner/locale cards (and have found several 'ghost' cards that
> don't show up within the application itself (??). Very strange - I am
> convinced it is a conflict, because this condition survives hard reset and
> restore cycles w/o restoring the system soup (i.e. reloading only data soups
> and packages, and _not_ system settings/preferences).

Just a quick reminder that all owner and worksite cards reside in the
Name soup. Well, actually, the Name application is the same than the
Owner Info. It's just the way that the package is opened that determine
which kind of cards will be displayed.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com