Re: NTLK URGENT

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 17:19:29 CDT

on 11-08-2000 12:04, Brian McEwen at brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu wrote:

>>> My MP130 has developed a problem similar to the "instant off" problem
>>> described for the MP100. If it's not plugged in, it will only stay on for
>>> maybe 30 seconds, before shutting itself off
>>
>> Wasn't there a package that cured this behavior on 2.0 Newtons, Thought it
>> was from Greenware and just checked but it wasn't it,
>> pretty sure that it was from a German site though, anybody ?
>
> The package I believe you are thinking of, it "FixTrax" by the
> timeTrax people. It prevent the MP from turning off withing a set amount
> of time after a powerup.
> However, JP's posting that he gets a "power interrupted" message makes me
> think he has something else going on besides a slightly sensitive power
> switch.

You're probably right because of the message, and Laurent might very well be
right that the culprit was the fact that SleepAid was frozen.
You were also right that it was FixTrax and it's from
Config Informationstechnik eG and you'll find the package on
http://www.config.de/Products/
But the description from the website is: "FixTrax 1.0 for NOS 2.0
(MP120/130) is a Fix for the problem, that the Newton switches off
immediately after switching it on. FixTrax is freeware! "
so I guess I wasn't too far off track, just trying anyway ;-)

Robert Benschop