NTLK INFO - Newton Aluminum Shell CLARIFICATIONS!

From: Justin (lemur@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 02:48:25 CDT

Hi listers,
I've gotten some forms filled out with odd info, so I thought I'd clarify,
in addition to changing the form around a little...

This whole Newton Aluminum Shell Project is just that - it is a project
whose goal is to have produced aluminum shells for the Newton 2000 and 2100.
Shells are another name for the cases that electronics come from - for
instance, the iMac SHELLS are translucent. The word shells is used mostly
among customization nuts like myself - I have a custom Dreamcast shell, to
give another example.

This project is only catering to 2000/2100 owners. And no, the price does
not INCLUDE the Newton - it is ONLY a replacement shell. But like I said,
the more people that buy, the cheaper it gets.

No, I cannot provide a G4-style case with a matching white apple logo for an
eMate 300, sorry.

As for the color selection, the colors listed on the form on the NASP page
are there because those colors are readily available to Dave Ruigh - they
are the colors of the Palm shells he produces.

Questions / comments? E-mail or post em!
-- Justin D.

--
NASP
Newton Aluminum Shell Project