Re: NTLK WHERE Can I find a tool to SORT within Newton Works?

From: CM Stimpson (macheel@dialfree.net)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 12:01:13 CDT

on 8/10/00 1:49 AM, Bill Davis at newton@ecity.net wrote:
>> Anyone know of a tool/utility/add-on which supports sorting (alpha/numeric)
>> WITHIN Newton Works?

> Within NewtonWorks WHAT? Word Processor? Spreadsheet?
>
> - Bill

Specifically within the Word Processor in Newton Works.

If there's anything like this out there, I'd like to be able to create
TABLES and LISTS in the Word Processor, and then alpha/numeric sort.

If no app add-on for tables is available, then at least the ability to sort
would be nice.

This is about the only add-on feature that I've not been able to find for
Newton Works. You can pretty much build Newton Works to be as robust as any
word processor out there for any platform, all in a simple Newton
package...with the help of a few friendly add-on extensions like SpellWorks,
WorksBetter, Mailing Labels, and additional fonts/styles packages. But as
far as I know, you still can't sort unless you add a completely separate
application.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

CM

--
The box said "Windows 95 or better" so I bought a Macintosh.