Re: NTLK Sharp ExpertPad questions

From: THX 1138 (1f2frfbf@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 14:15:19 CDT

>IIRC, there were two versions of the ExpertPad; one with OS 1.x (pre-1.3),
>basically an OMP, one with NOS 1.3, a Sharp MP100, so to speak.

my fear was that it needed system specific system patches, like the marco.
but if it's the same internals as the apple unit, this seems unlikely to me.

>You definitely did not get ripped off. If you don't want it anymore, I'll
>somehow find an SE/30 and trade it with you ;-). I'll cover all shipping
>costs, too. Does that give you an indication of it's collectors' value?

hmmm, yes :) I was worried it was the PowerBook 5300 of the Newton
family... "ExpertPad? All those were recalled a few years back due to the
fact they exploded at temperatures above 85 degrees F and caused sterility,
hair loss, projectile vomiting, lack of humor and blandness in carbon based
life forms..."

anyway. thanks for the help. maybe next time I'll do research before I
close a deal...

later,

ben.
onefishtwofish@sc.freei.net