Re: NTLK Claris Organizer, NCU and MP130

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 14:43:51 CDT

on 8/11/00 2:22 PM, Robert Benschop at robertbenschop@bigfoot.com wrote:

> The funny thing is that 3.9.2 sees the 3.5 files and asks me if it should
> update them. After that the errors start, error while converting and of
> course and error with the converted file.
> So what do you use, just the 3.5 version ?
> And under which system, doesn't work under OS 9, does it ?

I have the exact same problem with 3.6.5. (I haven't upgraded yet). The
wierd part is that, when I upgraded from 3.5, I had no problems with that
file. That leads me to believe that the file that NCU creates has problems
that the newer versions can't handle. In other words, the bug isn't in Now
Contact, but in NCU.

I don't use NCU to sync. I use Now Sync instead. As I said, although it
isn't perfect, it is reliable.

I'm operating on os 8.5.1. The only thing that doesn't work is the menubar
extensions, Quick Contact and Quick Date. I discovered, however, that the
only thing that doesn't work is the menubar icon. I've simply turned off the
icons, and both extensions run fine. I can find contacts and launch NUD
fine, as well as receive reminders. The wierd part is that I can also
receive reminders on the menubar without problems.

If you want to export your data from your Newton, I suggest doing it into a
text file, and importing that into Now Contact.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"You think it's a conspiracy by the networks to put bad shows on TV. But the shows are bad because that's what people want. It's not like Windows users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." --Steve Jobs