Re: NTLK The Mistry of Apple Products (was HWR and inet / chat pkgs)

From: Chris Browder (Chris.Browder@Lroom.org)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 14:35:07 CDT

I agree with Jon. I was out of town until now. I am running Aldus PageMaker
4.0 (requires a Mac II or lower) on a PowerMac 8100 now, I also ran it on an
iMac and it works fine. I've upgraded hardware for less than Intel units.
I've got a P166 that my uncle gave to my grandmother that took about 3
minutes to boot (32MB RAM), ran slow, nothing worked right. Sure, cleaning
it out and redoing it all would have been the answer but we replaced it with
a Macintosh Perfora 637CD that I got from a friend for free. The equivelant
of a 486, only a 33MHz 040, and it boots faster, faxes faster, goes on AOL
quicker - basciaclly ran rings around the P133 (really an AMD) and she is
more happy with it. Now the software she has on it - like the Print Shop
Deluxe is Non-PPC based and it is on my PowerMac and runs fine. I for one
have to upgrade more of my software on the PC than I did on the Mac.
Frankly, the PC doens't do anything better than the Mac, it's the other way
around.
- Chris B.

       A supporter of...
    \\ /,