Re: NTLK Does Farallon PN595a-tp work ...

From: David.Andrews@dti.gsi.gov.uk
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 04:34:28 CDT

> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 06:37:40 -0500
> From: NewtonMP <newtonmp@mindspring.com>
> To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
> Subject: Re: NTLK Does Farallon PN595a-tp work ...
>
> >> I think my only option is to try and find something on
> eBay, etc, or look
> >> for one of the other cards listed on Victor Rehorst's Newton site.
>
> I just recently bought a 3com 3C589C ethernet card on ebay
> for $20 -- works
> great with the newton (as long as you get the right drivers, which I
> downloaded off of the net). Just do a search for "3com
> ethernet pcmcia" and
> you should get quite a few. The guy I bought from (who is
> still selling
> them at the moment) had a dutch auction for 5 of them, and
> only 2 of them
> sold, so it shouldn't be a problem of having the bidding go
> out of control.
> You could probably get it cheaper than I did. Just make sure
> the model # is
> compatible.

Many thanks to everybody who replied. I decided to follow NewtonMP's
advice and search for a 3com card at ebay. Luckily, I found a
suitable card which I've bid $20 for. It's a Dutch auction and I'll
know in a few days if I'm successful.

Also, I'm so sorry for sending html in my messages. I use Outlook at
work and I'm not too familiar with it. I've altered some prefs so
I hope it's okay now.

Thanks again /dave