Re: NTLK Re: Seinfeld TAM

From: John Mark Davis (backlot@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 19:41:46 CDT

> If you watch Seinfeld reruns,
> look on his desk next to the window. Thefirst
> episodes had a mac classic, later he had a duo-dock, and at one point he had
> a TAM. He may have had some other Mac incarnations, but I'm sure of those
> three --

At one point he also had the plain jane desktop mac once, looks like a
Performa. Anyway, I owned also the Duo and TAM, so half my experience
watching Seinfeld is looking in that corner of the room to see which Mac is
there!

Another tidbit . . . Apparently, the idea is that when Jerry got a new Mac,
he would give George his older Mac. Because in one or two of the very few
scenes ever in George's apartment, you can see he has a Mac previously owned
by Jerry.

Also when George's father starts a business out of the home (or garage)
selling used computers, you see they're all (or largely) Macs.

And even Kramer is an apparent Mac-head. The episode where he complains
about all the mail-order catalogs he's getting, he names a few of them,
stressing the last one on his list, "Mac Warehouse."

Interesting to note the only computer Elaine is ever seen with at home is a
PC laptop. Maybe that's why she gets so strung out all the time! (That's
okay, I've still got a crush on her.)

Anyway, TAM definitely was Seinfeld's last season Mac. (Mmmm, I wonder
whatever became of it when he went to prison?)

--
John Mark Davis
backlot@swbell.net