Pissing contest (was: NTLK The Mistry of Apple Products)

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 04:55:30 CDT

Ben Doughney wrote:

> on 16/8/2000 12:25 PM, John Mark Davis at backlot@swbell.net wrote:

>> Gopi . . .
>>
>>> I also have one, and it's very nice next to my NeXT cubes and NeXT slab,
>>> along with a PowerCD, mp2000, MacPlus, B/W G3, and Duo 2300c. Oh, I also
>>> have a PowerBook 190 prototype, and a 6100 with a 21" mono monitor
>>
>> WHOA! I only have a 512K, Duo 230, 6400, G4/400, and of course, my
MP2100.
>> You got me beat!
>
> I have a 512K, 3 Mac Pluses, a Mac SE, a Mac Portable, 5 Mac LC's, a Mac
> IIfx, a Duo 230 & Dock, 2 Apple file://e's, a file://gs, a MP2K, a MP100,
MP120, a
> eMate, a TRS-80 Model 102, 2 Amigas, One Atari, and a Umax G3 clone.
> I beat both of you ;-) (of course there is not much room in my cupboard
> anymore!).

Okay, time to seperate the wannabees from the REAL collectors ;-)

Apple IIgs Woz Signature Edition
Mac Plus
Mac LC III
Mac LC 475
PowerMac 8500 (Darwin & BeOS)
Mac Portable
PowerBook 100
PowerBook 140
PowerBook 150
PowerBook 540c
PowerBook 1400c G3 (daily driver ;-)
MessagePad 110
MessagePad 120/2.0
MessagePad 2000
eMate 300
eMate 300 (upgraded)
Amiga 500
Amiga 1000
Amiga 2000
Atari 520 ST
Atari 1040 ST
Atari TT030
Philips VG8220
Philips VG8235
Philips NMS8255
Philips NMS8280
Commodore VIC-20
Commodore C-64
Commodore C-64 II
Sinclair ZX81
Sinclair ZX Spectrum (my first computer!)
IBM PC
IBM PS/2 Model 50

Of course most of them are packed in bubble-wrap and stowed away in the
attic. I can't remember ever throwing away an old computer, apart from a
couple of generic PC boxen.

I just bought my neighbour's flat, just to get some extra storage space in
the attic ;-)
For my next trick, I want to start building a supercomputer (massively
parallel cluster), starting with 8 or 16 PowerMac 6100's, eventually
expanding it to, oh, say 64 CPU's... Or maybe 128, if I change my mind and
don't buy a Porsche :-). Man, it's going to be cool having my own
supercomputer! *drool*

,xtG
..tsooJ

--