Re: NTLK Re: netTime

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 13:37:13 CDT

Konstantinos Xonis wrote:

> Kenny Song said (D) k
> > On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 P&M Consulting wrote:
> >
> > -----------
> > >Now, Heiko Cultus is reporting using version 3??? Heiko, you have a
> > -----------
> > Heiko used SBM to check version no. I checked mine with SBM and it's also version 3. I believe what Heiko has is V. 1.1. I found the link at DNUG but downloading it turned out to be v. 1. The Read Me said 1.1 had the auto-sync preference fixed. I guess we'll just have to wait till Heiko upload his.
> >
> > Kenny Song
> > <Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.1.1>
>
> I need som eclarification !
>
> Whos version number are you talking about ?? NIE, or the Sample Code's ??

Neither one! It's the NetTime application version number. All external
information seem to point to version 1.1. However, when you're creating
a Newton application, you have the ability of identifying a version
number inside the package, that cannot be seen, except with SBM
Utilities. And Utilities reports version 3. However, I'm not sure how
reliable that could be. Since the DTS has probably worked on various NIE
based applications, they could have re-used the code from a previous
app, without bothering or thinking about changing the version number.
But, at least we know that everybody seems to have the same version, and
that auto-sync seems to work for some people, but not for others.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com