Re: NTLK HOW TO GET IT

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 00:22:25 CDT

On 8/18/00 11:14 AM, Basil H. Selden [mailto:chessmaster@key-net.net]
wrote:

>> Hmmm. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a difference in perception
>> BUT I still think mine looks black.. Even compared to the label on the back.
>> Anybody else want to chime in here?
>
>Could you be color blind? Have you ever been tested for color perception?
>This seems to be the only rational explanation for why a Newton appears
>black to you. I have never seen any
>account of Newtons ( at least standard production models) being issued in
>anything other than green or clear.
>B.H. Selden

Actually, it depends on the lighting, and the brightness. The Newton's
paint is definitely a greenish black....but it's MUCH more black than
green.

In fact, I didn't notice the greenish tint to the black case on my
original Newt for some time. I think the first time I noticed it was in
bright sunlight.

The only true green Newton is the eMate. :-)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/