NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #92

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien@leonardo.net)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 00:31:53 CDT

Christ B. asks:

> Seriously, do you have one of the mythical clear 110s?

        I do. I haven't seen this mentioned lately so I'll describe it.
The case and lid are transparent, but there's so much pure stuff crammed
into that case that it's hard to see past the first layer of electronics.
It's so crammed and so complex that it looks like it must be a movie
prop, or some impossible machine rendered in 3D in a computer game.

        Unfortunately performance is less stellar. Hey, it's a 110!
Handwriting recognition sucks, and the applications are somewhat less
polished than in OS 2.0. Still, for folks who've never seen it, the
geek coolness factor would be hard to overestimate. Until it pulls that
damn "egg freckles" stuff all over the place.

Mike O'Brien