Re: NTLK Cleaning The Screen

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 03:48:05 CDT

"SERGEI V. ORLOV" wrote:
> I just thought it might be amusing: a couple of weeks ago I accidentally dropped my case with the Newton inside to the Moskva River from a 10 feet height - my friend jumped at once (it was not deep there) and grabbed the case which was full of water but had not sunken yet. I took out the batteries and let the MP dry at a room temperature for 3 days and it works fine!!

That's really amusing! But it works fine because it was switched off and
you removed the batteries immediately. In my case the notebook was
switched on and the mixture of water and current/voltage tends to
produce electrochemical reactions.

On another topic: Where is that bridge over the Moskva river with only
3m height over water level. I remember that the Moskva in Moscow was a
respectable river, and bridges shurely higher than 3m. Do you live south
east of Moscow, let's say in the Volokalamsk region?

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: