Re: NTLK MP2000 rebooting after wrong power adapter used

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 05:43:35 CDT

Alex Karahalios wrote:
> ... the Newton just keeps on rebooting.
I know it as good as you know now. :-((

>I'd have Dave fix it, but before
> I knew it could be fixed, I ordered another MP2000. So I don't mind
> tinkering myself.
I tried tinkering and got so far:
1. A diode (sort of higher current type) exploded.
2. A fuse (SMD type) was blown
3. I replaced both, the fuse with a wire and the diode with a lower
current type but no change. ADT in the UK could repair my UMP2k but it
was about 200GBP (450CHF). I was told that they just replaced the
motherboard.
You'll probably have no other alternative because many of the components
on the motherboard are Apple proprietry and anything could be blown up.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: