NTLK MP2000 rebooting after wrong power adapter used

From: Alex Karahalios (alex@karahalios.org)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 13:29:54 CDT

I guess it was inevitable, but I finally managed to plug in a wrong power
adapter on my MP2000. The result as many of you know is that now when
attempting to turn on the Newton, the Newton just keeps on rebooting.

I know that David Watson (http://www.grapevine.net/~drnewton/) fixes this
sort of thing, but I was wondering if anyone knew what actually gets
destroyed in the Newton and how to fix it. I'd have Dave fix it, but before
I knew it could be fixed, I ordered another MP2000. So I don't mind
tinkering myself.

Thanks,

Alex Karahalios