NTLK Newtonscript Script needed

From: Jon Shurtleff (j.shurtleff@chello.nl)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 15:18:44 CDT

I've got an upgraded MP2000 and I have a very simple script that I need, if
it's even possible. I use a custom caret menu that I've created with
Standalones' Standalone Menu Editor (SAME). It consists of just one button.
With SAME you can attach a program to a button. I use this button to open
Graffiti which - I know this is rather heretical - is my preferred method of
input. The problem is that if Graffiti is already running but behind a
window somewhere then tapping the button closes it and I have to tap again
to open it on top of all windows. It's also possible to attach scripts to
SAME buttons. So is it possible to write a script with the following logic:

If Grafitti is already running and behind window(s) bring it to the top.
(rather than closing it as happens now.)
If Grafitti is not running start it. (In which case it automatically starts
on top of everything else)

In addition it would be nice if when Graffiti is opened it is opened to a
default position on the screen.

An alternative would be a way to make Grafitti stay on top regardless of
whats running or opens or closes. Then I would just leave it running all
the time.

The ultimate ideal would be if I could open Graffiti just by holding the pen
on the caret, or just on the screen, a little extra long but I was told by a
Newton programmer that there is nothing in the OS that allows you to detect
how long you've held the stylus on the caret and initiate an action based on
this. The button is the fallback option. If anyone DOES know how to do
this I'd be appreciative of your expertise.

I don't know Newton programming at all and don't have the cycles to learn
it. I would be much, much, much indebted to any of you Newtonscripters if
you could help me with this.

Thanks,

Jon.