Re: NTLK Re: NewtonOz: Ethernet cards for sale

From: NewtonOz (newtonoz@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 02:24:43 CDT

Your eM@il from jiclark@independence.net on 8/19/00 11:46 PM said this:

>Come on, Oz, be reasonable! I don't need an ethernet card, but if I did,
>I'd never buy from someone who was trying to force me to buy something
>else, just to be able to buy the card! I know you're struggling to keep
>a going venture going, and I appreciate the service you've done for the
>Newton Communitiy over the last couple of years... But, still, that
>seems a little low.
>
>[Sorry, end of rant]
>
>--
>John I. Clark
>Glass artist & Mac aficionado
>Ridgway, CO 81432-0053
>970-626-5980
>1-888-898-5980
>970-626-3750(F)
>mailto:jiclark@independence.net
>http://home.independence.net/jiclark

REASONABLE???? You insult me! :-(

I haven't made money on this venture since 5 months ago, and YOU are
telling me to be reasonable? I take great offense at this statement. Low?
Low like who or what? Low like those people on eBay that sell styli for
$40 used, when I sell them for $15 brand new? When we gave free tech
support to everyone, customer or not? Were we unreasonable for attempting
to serve the community at a time that was needed, even though it meant no
growth potential at all? It's easy for you to say, Mister consumer who
wants to buy everything for nothing, but that's not the way things work.

Gimme a break! There were only 4 cards left, and they were brand new in
box, rare and close to impossible to get, and I was only asking list
price plus an additional purchase. What a deal! Over 100 Newtoneers
thought so... too bad I don't have more cards to give.

Listen, most of the prices I list are still lower than any other web
store you can find on the net. That is, if you CAN find these parts on
the net.

The real reason I did this was to find the people who seriously wanted
the cards, and were not buying them for resale on eBay. I HATE it when I
see our stuff on eBay. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy them,
which doesn't matter anyway since they are all sold.

Be reasonable... HA!!! I have been more than reasonable. Ha!

Ha!

-Oz