NTLK Aluminum Shell Project

From: Ron Uphoff (RAUphoff@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 18:31:00 CDT

I read yesterday on Info-Newt the estimated price for the Aluminum Newton
shell is about $120. That sounds reasonable to me. But before I commit to
purchasing one, I want to know how difficult it is to transfer the guts
into the new shell. I opened my Newt once to get my stylus un-jammed;
however, stripping off the entire shell!!?? I would like to hear from an
expert whether this is something a tinkerer can do. What level of
expertise is required, e.g., if you can upgrade the RAM in your Mac,
upgrade your eMate, etc. should you feel comfortable putting your Newt
into a new shell?
Shell suggetions:
Newton Pirate Flag logo Flappin defiantly and indefintely
Replacement lids in various colors
PC slot blanks
Matching stylus caps (hell,matching stylus for that matter)
Bottom line, if I feel comfortable swapping the inards, or if somebody
reputable will offer the service at anaffordaable fee, I'll buy one.

Ron Uphoff
Knoxville, TN
from a Newton MP2100 and Eudora