Re: NTLK Re: newton color

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:51:53 CDT

Donna Dolezal Zelzer wrote:
> My Newton 2100 looks black to me, too -- as least now, in the dim
> light of this room -- I'll check later today in the bright sun.
>
> When I compare it to something known as black, it appears slightly
> lighter.. but I perceive that as dark gray and not green.
I think the Newted community splits here into two halfs: the Greenies
and the Blackies.
In order to avoid color blind I would like to mention that our
subjective color sense is influenced by many factors, as mentioned in
all those G/B mails. There are a lot of people with slightly different
color sensitivity, which might not be able to distinguish between dark
green and real black. The normal eye check for a drivers license is
focused on green-red and maybe yellow too. A lorry or bus driver has to
be able to distinguish a few more nuances than the average car driver
and a locomotive driver (?) is checked for blue as well.

Let's close this thread forever with: "See different!"

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: