NTLK bursting digests in Outlook Express-Mac

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 05:07:01 CDT

on 8/21/00 3:06 PM, Keith Isley at newt@crosspaths.net wrote:

> I have Outlook set up to burst the msgs into individual ones within a NTLK
> folder. I like this format, since it comes as individual msgs (which is how
> I want to view them), but only ONCE a day, as opposed to ALL THE LIVELONG
> DAY!

I'm not the original poster, but I do the same thing, recently modified, due
to hiccups on this list.

There are actually two ways to do it on the _MAC_ version of Outlook Express
(I have no idea if this works on Windows).
1. Use the Mail List Manager in the Tools menu. Under the "Advanced" pane,
you will see an option to burst the digest.
2. Using Mail rules, toward the bottom of the list of mail actions(popup
menu), you will find "burst" as an option, and a popup menu appears,
allowing you to decide where to burst the messages to.

I've done a combination. I use the Mailing List Manager to move my
Newtontalk digest to its folder, and have created a separate mail rule to
burst the digest. This rule is unchecked, ie, inactive, but I can select the
digest, and choose my Newtontalk rule to burst it when I want. This means
that if I get 10 digests in one day, Outlook Express is not wasting its time
bursting all those digests. :-) It also means I'm not wasting my time
online, waiting for the digest to burst. So far, for the past few days, it
has worked well.

Hope that helps.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"You think it's a conspiracy by the networks to put bad shows on TV. But the shows are bad because that's what people want. It's not like Windows users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." --Steve Jobs