Re: NTLK Still trouble printing to HP 6MP via irDA

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 13:15:45 CDT

Tuesday, August 22, 2000, 7:36:05 PM, you wrote:

JF> I did a backup, then a hard reset, then installed the HP MP5 idDA
JF> extension and tried to print - same result. I have gotten very short
JF> items (one-line notes) to go through almost to completion on the newton
(connecting ->> printing -> confirming) before the error box shows up on
JF> the newt. Still no ink on paper though.

I had a similar problem here when printing to a HP LJ4500 (via IrDA).
What had helped was to print another document (via a network attached
PC) before printing via IrDA. This seems to be a Bug in the printer
firmware, not in the Newton.
Maybe this can help you...

Hendrik