Re: NTLK Pen sensing drift

From: david ting (ting@helix.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 09:06:47 CDT

John,

> I was wondering what wiping out the system soup would affect. I use More
> Folders' nested folders. I wonder if it wipes that hierarchy out, too. I
> may want to jot down my folder structure before I do this.

I would definitely do this. I was so glad I happened to remember the
spellings of my old folders!

> Thanks, Kenny. I'm kind of scared leaving my screen naked, but would love
> to give this a try. Curious, I've never used a third-party replacement
> stylus, can you stick it in the stylus "well" and pop it out okay?

I've used the Cross stylus Kenny describes. It's really cool, and
really does protect the screen b/c it is a relatively soft tip. But since
it looks like a cross fountain pen, it does not fit in the Newton's stylus
holder. Instead, keep your regular stylus in the holder as a backup.

David