Re: NTLK Pen sensing drift

From: John Mark Davis (backlot@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 08:40:13 CDT

> I tried the "Hard
> Reset and Reload Everything Except the System Soup" and it seems to have
> worked!

Great, David! I'd like to try this out myself. I don't know why Apple
didn't suggest this before. It might've saved me 185 bucks.

> The caveat, of course, is that by not reloading the system soup,
> all my folders were wiped out and reset to the factory defaults.
> Fortunately, the data themselves were still there; and once I created
> folders with the same names as my old folders, my data all happily sorted
> themselves back into the correct places!

I was wondering what wiping out the system soup would affect. I use More
Folders' nested folders. I wonder if it wipes that hierarchy out, too. I
may want to jot down my folder structure before I do this.

> Cross tips are more like hard
> rubber, which gives a little (flexible) when you press down.
>
> If you really like the naked screen, Cross IMO is the safest out there for a
> bare screen.

Thanks, Kenny. I'm kind of scared leaving my screen naked, but would love
to give this a try. Curious, I've never used a third-party replacement
stylus, can you stick it in the stylus "well" and pop it out okay?

--
John Mark Davis
backlot@swbell.net