Re: NTLK Will using AC lenghten NiMH pack's lifespan?

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 09:54:44 CDT

Hi all,
I don't want to say all what Frank would like to say here. But there's a
new thought I found while checking my GPS NiMH cells at home. It's a set
of 10 to make about 12V and deliver 120mA for some hours. I got
therefore very cheap Varta brand NiMH AA-cells. But I must have got a
bad brand or monday morning series or so. They are dying one after the
other very badly. They even release some liquid which stucks underneath
the sticker foil. I think the same can happen with Apple NiMH-accu packs
for the Newton. Depending on their mixture they might live longer or
might be more sensitive to special charging and discharging schemes. In
other words: Any recommendation is worthless if only one of the four
cells contains bad material or has a manufacturing fault.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: