NTLK Setting POP and SMTP servers using Enroute iNet?

From: Grant [Pseudoplexus] Hutchinson (grant@splorp.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 15:43:37 CDT

Is there a place to specific your SMTP and POP server addresses using the
Enroute iNet packages? I am connecting via Ethernet using DHCP protocol
to our network and when I am attempting to send email, it says that it is
trying to connect to the server "mail". I assume that the domain
specified in the inet Email prefs gets added to this name to fully
qualify the server address (eg: mail.domain.com). This is all well and
good, and quite frankly, it did work back when we still had POP services
running on our "mail" server. But since the brainiacs in our IS
department moved everything over to an MS Exchange server running IMAP,
things are all kerflunky. I want to connect to another server on our
network that still runs POP, but can't for the life of me figure out
where to change the server address.

I know, I know... someone is bound to tell me that I probably should be
running SimpleMail instead, but I just haven't got around to changing
things over. I just don't ssend alot of mail with the Newt right now.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/