NTLK Internet on my 130...

From: Andrew Matthews (ranzovin@longlivethemac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 21:24:45 CDT

When using a 3Com Megahertz 56k Global Modem (model 3CCM156 B), I haven't been able to connect to the Internet. I'll open Newt's Cape, enter a webpage, and, try and connect. A connect screen will pop up, and I'll select my Internet account (already entered in the login/pass, DNS, etc), and hit connect. Nothing happens. No dial tone, the site doesn't load, nothing. I know that this is really, really vague, but does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm using NIE 1.1... sadly, it's the last version that will run on my 130. None of the sites I've checked have listed the Global Modem as either working or not working, so...
I do have modem selected in Preferences, but I doubt it's the right one; I'm not sure which to choose.
I'm afraid I'm a dreadful newbie when it comes to Newtons, but can anyone help?

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com