Re: NTLK RE: Virtual Intern and whereabouts of PDAmed or ForrestSoftware

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 10:05:33 CDT

"Donald T.Stewart, MD" wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea how to contact anyone who use to work for PDAmed
> or Forrest Software? Their product, Virtual Intern is one of the finest
> programs written for the Newton, and several of its users are having trouble
> transferring the program to our back-up Newtons as the original ones are
> wearing out. Although the website is still up, no one answers emails and
> the phones have been disconnected for several months. The problem, of
> course, is getting registration codes. At least one user has been unable to
> use the program except in demo mode since sending his 2100 to Apple for
> repairs. I have the same problem trying to use the program on my backup
> machine, but can work around it by adding 50 or so new patients using my
> original machine (which needs a new backlight and screen, and even case)
> every few weeks. I am afraid that if I send in my original machine for
> needed repairs, I will lose even this work-around.
>
> Anyone still using this software might want to check out the thread on
> Smaller.com: http://talk.smaller.com/Forum1/HTML/002614.html
>
> I personally have the medical records of over 1000 patients on my 2100, and
> have not yet found anything that would duplicate the functionality and
> elegance of the VI interface on the Newton.

If you send me a copy of the package, I could look into it and see if
some hack could be written. I won't be able to look at this until
mid-September, though.

Email-me at <mailto:nemesys@cox.rr.com> to discuss it.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com