Re: NTLK System Soup?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 02:31:27 CDT

> > Personal Word lists?
>> - the built in variety
>Probably.

Yes. The three word lists: user, auto & expand are in the system soup.
This is a problem BTW, because it uses memory by loading the
dictionary in memory while it could use it directly from the soup.

> > - for alt.rec
>Paul?

Like any software, alt.rec.... has its preferences in the system soup
and its data outside. It uses a special soup for the expansions. This
is no the best way to store data (the same thing occurred with
LearnFast) because it doesn't store a lot of data in a soup entry
which takes more romm than storing an array.
I will work on that, but not in the following days I am afraid.

Regards,

Paul

--
P&M Consulting Newton Program