Re: NTLK flashing eMate

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 08:48:06 CDT

on 27-08-2000 10:17, charlie allom at charlie@rubberduck.com wrote:

> does anyone else know how to fix the flashing eMate problem?
> you turn it on. it flashes it's backlight at you twice a second, with
> a 1 second interval.

Straight from the Apple eMate Service Manual: (don't laugh)

"Backlight doesn't work

1 Press reset button
2 Remove battery, wait 30 seconds, replace battery, turn on
   computer.
3 Replace backlight.
4 Replace logic board."

So you might try to do a hard reset or remove your batteries (don't forget
to make one backup, or if you're the careful type two)
In case you need to remove the batteries you'll need a Torx 8 screwdriver to
open up the lid.
On the right hand side you'll see a couple of wires coming from the battery
pack that attach to the eMate with a little white plug.
Slide the plug off so that you can lift out the battery pack.
Putting it back is the same operation in reverse order.
I presume you already tried to see if the problem persisted if you plug in
your eMate.

good luck,

Robert Benschop