Re: NTLK Re: Six slots on Apple Product Grid (TM?)?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 09:59:46 CDT

on 8/27/00 3:44 PM, Chris Browder at Chris.Browder@Lroom.org wrote:

> I'm using OE 5 for Mac, and I've not had a problem. Try reinstalling it (BE
> SURE to backup the Microsoft User Data folder) and see if that helps. Could
> be some bad prefs...

What's with this "re-install" garbage? This is a _Mac_, afterall!! :-) The
simple solution is to use a Mailing list manager rule (tools menu), and
click on the advanced pane, and at the bottom, click on "Override default
reply behavior, and check on "always reply to list". It will work fine,
then.

BTW, if it were a bad pref, re-installing the program won't help.
Preferences are stored in the Preferences folder, inside the System folder.
It would be much more effective to delete the prefs file, but then, you
would have to reset all your preferences.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"You think it's a conspiracy by the networks to put bad shows on TV. But the shows are bad because that's what people want. It's not like Windows users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." --Steve Jobs