Re: NTLK How to Sync Newtons?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 00:33:08 CDT

On 8/28/00 8:47 PM, Ben Doughney [mailto:ben_d@clear.net.nz] wrote:

>Hello List!
>
>I just bought a MP2K today, as a spare ($200NZ thats about $84US!!!! a real
>bargin I think) and want to know the best way to sync my two Newton 2000's
>to make this new one have all of the same data. Can I use IR? Or do I have
>to sync one with NCK then download the info to the otherone.
>
>TIA
> Ben Doughney
> AdMac Services
> × Macintosh × Apple II × IBM ×
> http://welcome.to/admac.com

Unless you need to use 'em simultaneously, I'd say the best thing to do
is to keep everything you can on a memory card and just swap that between
the two. There are some things that have to go in internal memory, but
most everything will work on a card.

I tend to keep most everything but the "stock" software that comes with
'em (and even most of that) on the memory card. That way if my 2100
dies, I can just pull the card and stick it in my Upgraded 2000, or maybe
even my 130. Anything that works better or requires it be in internal
memory, I do so (usually just beam it from one to the other.)

You do need to have a 5v/5v card though, since the eMate will only write
to those (see my shameless plug elsewhere on this list today for Paul
Brahams 6MB cards; they are 5v/5v, if you don't have one).

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/