Re: NTLK Re: apple quicktake 200 digital camera & newton/tibet compatibility?

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 13:03:11 CDT

>OK, I just gotta ask. I saw camera on sale the other day that connects to a
>Palm. So clearly there's a need for this. But I can't fathom it. Can someone
>give me real-world examples of why you'd want to connect a digital camera to
>either device?

Well, the one I liked best was the famous mountain climber who used his
Newton and greyscale QuickCAM plus Tibet (no one ever explained or AFAIK
has duplicated this hardware combo) and a satellite link to broadcast pics
of his climb of ?Everest?.

I found his web site about a year ago and the pics and a short description
of the way he transmitted them (about as brief as my description above)
were still up. (anyone recall the climbers name?)

Pretty neat. And that was 3 or 4 years ago now, I believe (Newtons and the
now defunct satellite phone system were both going strong :), and quickcams
were owned by Connectix and greyscale....

Brian

(owner of a MP130 and greyscale QuickCAM, and who could BORROW a cell
phone... and would like to do this, just ONCE : )