Re: NTLK Re: apple quicktake 200 digital camera & newton/tibetcompatibility?

From: Chris Browder (Chris.Browder@Lroom.org)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 23:05:37 CDT

on 8/29/00 12:45 PM, Betty at bettyy@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hi Jodine,
>
> How about this -- you go on vacation and want to carry minimal weight so
> you bring only your Newton and a camera. With the right camera and Tibet,
> you can take pictures and email them to friends without going through a
> laptop or desktop computer.

Or this:

You're on your senior trip. You take your QT200 and your MP2K. You have your
Cell phone (Nokia 2190). You want to upload images from the camera to the MP
to eMail to the school to print in the newspaper. How do you do this? Easy!
[presuming the QT200 works w/ TIBET]

1) Find embarrassing photo opportunity
2) Break out QuickTake 200
3) Watch the display die because of dead batteries
4) reload batteries
5) Turn camera on
6) Take shot of embarrassing moment
7) Connect via serial cable to MP2K
8) Download images from Camera
9) Write an eMail using SimpleMail w/ picture as attachment
10) Attach data cable from Cell Modem to Nokia
11) Tap Send->NOW
12) Watch the fun begin!

Other uses:

remote sending of photos for use in real estate
Photo of a criminal [it can happen....]
road trip images
etc...etc....etc....

I for one would like to have this ability.

As for PalmPix - it makes the IIIC into a 640x480 color digital camera...
Catch: Wintel only :( But, it's concept is neat. But I perfer SEPERATE
devices - one PDA, One CAmera, One Scanner, One Printer. Soon the palm can
do the gameboy printer thing and print to thermal paper or something.

--
- Chris B.

A supporter of... \\ /, `( Newton Technology \ =

--------> AOL/AIM Name: JB1463 <-------- --------> ICQ#: 50117402 <-------- --------> Web Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~jb1463 <-------- >>>>>>>>>T H I N K D I F F E R E N T <<<<<<<<<