Re: NTLK iPAQ

From: Perry McClintock (pjmccli@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 21:57:04 CDT

--Original Message Text---
From: Harper, Lee
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:31:12 -0700

NTLK iPAQ

Any Newtoneers out there have, or have used, an iPAQ?
If you don't know what it is, it's Compaq's new handheld: http://www.time.com/time/digital/daily/0,2822,51006,00..html
If you've test driven it, what do you think?
Color screen, but is it decent resolution?
Etc.

I have a Ipaq... yes I know... I have turned to the dark side. The resolution is great as far as I see it... but this is a PDA not a Mac Multi-Media workstation,
not a video toaster... It does OK, It has somethings that are better than the newton, and somethings that the newton... well... knocks the LCD off with,
handwriting, better case, better writing area...feels like it can take a licking and keep on ticking... with the IPaq I feel I have to be very carefull and not break
the eggs. One big advanage is that you can view the unit in direct sun light, will have added on devices, and with wireless lan could have many uses.

You will have more programs, games, books, and with MP3... music.

So soon I will be looking for my tursty newton a good home... I just have moved on.... it is smaller and there for easier for me to have with me always and
more usefull, but in it's own way the newton is just better than the Ipaq.

So what is a newton worth these days?

Perry