Re: NTLK recharge in 2100

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 22:42:17 CDT

<snip>
Digital cameras are a different battery drain than
PDAs. The reason being is the TTL circuitry. TTL Logic
requires 5 volts. So, if you have a digital camera
that uses 4 AA batteries, that is 6 volts. This means
that each battery has only to loose .25 volts each
before the batteries are indicated as being "dead" in
the camera. But the batteries are fully functional in
say, the Newt or a pager or an slr camera flash unit!
I regularly use rechargable Alkalines in my digital
camera (Rechargeable alkalines don't like to be fully
discharged before they are recharged...making the
digital camera the perfect item for these batteries!)
Ed
web/gadget guru

..

> Speaking of: what are people's experiences with
> Energize ACCU rechargables?
> I use them in my Nikon CoolPix 950. Not sure what to
> compare them to in that
> situation. They seem to get walloped quickly, though
> that could just be from
> the camera, LCD screen, flash, etc. Anyone use them
> with their Newt?
>
> Zac
>
> --

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/