Re: NTLK SmallTalk

From: THX 1138 (1f2frfbf@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 22:43:50 CDT

>In my opinion, it is better than a dictionary and a phrase book, because
>it has
>more phrases. But it still isn't as good as a real conversation, because
>you are limited to the phrases. I am not trying to sway you one way or
>the other. But I think it has been more useful than a dictionary.

many thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

It sounds like a digital personal translator. Like the big shot politicos
have. I've not seen a translator program handled like this before where
both parties use the same unit. Definitely very cool. Good for
multi-national Newton evangelizing, I'm sure.

But not what I'm looking for, I guess I really just want a dictionary to
help with a class. Thanks for the inside view, tho.

later,

ben.
onefishtwofish@sc.freei.net
http://newted.dyndns.org/users/1f2frfbf/newton.html