Re: NTLK off topic-Used Macs & Web Building Software

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 15:42:48 CDT

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000 good-dog@northshore.net wrote:

> This is slightly off topic, but I thought some of you might have some
> thoughts on this. Where are the best places to get used Macs? Any reliable
> sources? From all I hear, Shreve Systems is to be avoided like the plague.
> A friend is considering getting a mac, maybe even a powerbook.

Here in Toronto, CPUsed is the place for used Mac stuff. I believe they will
also do mail orders and deliver.

http://www.cpused.com

(They also have some Newton accessories and such still lying around - check
the "Odds and Ends" price list on their website)

> Also, from all I gather the software of choice for web site building is
> either BBEdit or Dreamweaver. Any comments or suggestions?

I'd suggest just grabbing your favourite text editor and hacking out your
pages on that. If you need ideas, well, just look at other people's pages
:)

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/