Re: NTLK Brainwipes

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 20:51:14 EST

I fully agree. I now have a 24 MB Card which will always have a recent
backup of my 32 MB Card and Internal. I leave out WordNewt when backing up
with SBM for the 32MB and I use the Card Backup for my Internal. With both
sets of backup, I still have about 2 MB spare left in my 24 MB Backup Card.
The SBM Backup and the Internal backup are independent even though they're
on the same Card.

The IN/OUT Box do tend to eat up space quite fast. For example, if you have
5.5 MB space and you download lots of mail, your store may go down to 5.2
MB. Read all your mails then delete ALL mails and your store will probably
be back to 5.4 MB. I wonder where is that missing storage space. Probably
due to fragmentation. Anyone else experience this?

Kenny Song
Penang, Malaysia

> Backing up and restoring from a memory card is the fastest and safest way to
> do
> it. Check your free internal space before and after a "brainwipe" and you'll
> see that you recovered space. I think backing up to a card isn't just a
> carbon
> copy, but copies each soup and program one at a time, kind of like how disk
> defragmenters work. I think you're doing a great job. I too can't ever back
> up with NCU. That's fine for my internal store as I bought a 4 meg card just
> for the purpose of backing up, however, I have never been able to back up my
> 24
> meg memory card. Hope that doesn't fail. I do an internal "brainwipe" every
> 3-6 months, depending on how much you are reading and writing to the memory.
> receive a lot of email on mine which tends to fragment the memory a lot.
>
> myq

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!