NTLK NIE 2.0 issues...

From: Jim Anderson (jiman@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 01:46:54 EST

        I'm trying to get my upgraded MP2000 to use an ethernet card. I
grabbed the ATLAN driver, which works with the same family of cards as I
have. When I installed it, though, I got a message about not being able to
activate it without the NIE 2.0 device driver package.
        OK, I thought, and I went rooting through all the disks that came
with my Newton. Well, since it's an MP2000 the version of NIE I have on disk
is 1.1. So I go looking for NIE 2.0 on Apples web site. I find it, but it is
a Disk Copy self-extracting archive (.smi) file. Cool. I don't own a Mac.
>From looking around Apple, it doesn't look like they make anything that can
extract one of these things on a PC. Does anyone have any ideas around this
problem?

        Thanks,

Jim Anderson
ABC 3068
'81 R65 'St. Max'
Long-EZ under construction...

Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard, Be Evil.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!