RE: NTLK Can anybody tell me the address of Dr. Newton?

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys@honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 10:20:29 EDT

Lukas,

Do NOT send him ANY money.
If you have received payment for your emate, hold on to it!

If the guy is HONEST and DID receive a broken unit then he should
allow you to make good either by replacement, repair or refund.

If he is a crook, then at least you have some money?

Please don't tell us you sent it without cleared payment. :(

As far as the serial # goes, If he has done a swap he could also
have swapped the SN tag either by removing it or swapping the case.
However, the MLB has a ID chip that carries a unique number. This
would positively identify the insides at least but is not much use
if you don't know what it is to start with.:(

I believe the NewtonID pkg reads this. Some developers use it for
copy protection.

Although possible, I don't think that this was damaged in transit.

A more believable scenario is that it arrived intact but that he broke
it and is trying to recoup his costs.

Don't send him anything without verifiable proof.

Good Luck,

David Humphreys
Honeywell Inc.