[NTLK] Apple's TIL retired

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 16:45:45 EDT

Apple has retired its Tech Info Library (and TIL Archive) and replaced it
with this link:

<http://karchive.info.apple.com/>

where all Newton MessagePad and eMate articles can be accessed now. It's a
drag and cumbersome because there is no Newton Index any longer (by
product, by OS version, etc.). That's why "Steve" and Apple call it LEGACY.

Well, I guess we have to live with it.

Here's what "Steve" wrote me when I complained a couple of days ago:

*****

At 2:41 PM -0500 8/6/01, Apple wrote:
>RE: TIL Tech Info Library
>
>C.W,
>
>Thank you for reporting this error. We are aware of this issue and we are
>working on correcting it. (...).
>
>The TIL was retired on August 2, 2001. The Knowledge Base contains all
>information for Power Macintosh G3 products (Nov. 97) and forward. All
>legacy products can be located in the Knowledge Archive at:
>karchive.info.apple.com
>
> Regards,
>- Steve

*****

At least it's still accessible somehow, and not gone altogether. And: We
still have UNNA as our beloved archive! Thanks, Victor!

Otto