[NTLK] MP2100U turning itself off? MP120 hissing?

From: zbir_at_urbanape.com
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 10:33:58 EDT

Hey, all.

Just this very morning got my MP2100U. Heaven! Heaven!

One thing I've noticed though, even with fresh Duracells, the Newt will
occasionally turn itself off. When it starts up again ( cold boot - get
the light bulb logo and the chime ), it tells me that it was restarted
because power was interrupted. I'm about to go to it with a can of
compressed air - thought it might be a bad contact somewhere.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Zac - Proud new owner of a 2100U ( and an extra 120 the seller threw in
to boot )

P.S. Speaking of the 120 - it powers up, but the screen fizzes in and
out, and there's a loud hissing when it does. Brand new backup battery
and Duracells. I'm not too concerned with this one, but if it's a quick
fix, I'd love to be able to give it to my girlfriend.

me = { 'name' : 'Zachery Bir', 'email' : 'zbir_at_urbanape.com',
       'voice' : '(804) 353-3742', 'url' : 'http://www.urbanape.com/' }