Re: [NTLK] Virtual Intern Re-released

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 07:53:17 EDT

As a physician and new Newton user, I am interested to see just how many of
the readers of this forum are physicians. One of the things which attracted
me to the Newton was the understanding that the Newton "had" a lot of
medically related software available for it. It was a drug rep which
initially introduced me to the Newton, and it seemed to have far more
capabilities than the wimpy palm I was using. Alas, most of the Newton
Medical software has long since disappeared. I have sent an email to Dr.
Bielory regarding Virtual Intern and have scoured all of the archives I
could find looking to see if any of the software is still available. I would
be most interested in any suggestions as to what other physicians are
currently using and what software is still available. Even better, some
suggested links I could check out. Is there anything similar to epocrates
still available for the Newton? What about reference texts such as current
concepts? I see that the 5 min consult book was available at one time.
Thanks.

Chet Johns, MD