Re: [NTLK] Here I go again

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 13:40:38 EDT

On Wednesday, August 15, 2001, at 12:49 PM, Thomas Hart wrote:

> I have everything installed and all the relevant info entered. When I
> try to send mail the driver loads, it goes through the connection
> process which appears successful enough, but when it comes to looking
> for my smtp host I get: Couldn't resolve IP address "address". All of
> the addresses entered in the ethernet setup are the same as the ones on
> my PB (which has no trouble with e-mail or anything else for that
> matter, well, it doesn't make espresso yet), so why can't it find the
> host?

Are all the parts of what you installed on the internal store? And
you're obviously forgot to fill some information as evidenced by the
error message "Couldn't resolve IP address 'address'".

What are you using as an email client, EnRoute? SimpleMail? If so, you
need to go to Owner Info, open your owner card, switch the presentation
to "Show"->"All Info", scroll to the end of those info, look for an
entry that has EnRoute, email or SimpleMail in it. For EnRoute, the
entry is called "EnRoute Internet Settings". Tap on this. You'll have to
fill in your POP Username and password, your POP Host and your SMTP host.

-Laurent.