Re: [NTLK] Here I go again

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 12:49:35 EDT

Having had no success a few months ago with my ethernet connection
(Farallon) on the Newt (2000), I gave up. But now that I deadline on
Friday, I decided to take a break from philosophy and see if I couldn't
resolve the problem.

I can't.

I have everything installed and all the relevant info entered. When I
try to send mail the driver loads, it goes through the connection
process which appears successful enough, but when it comes to looking
for my smtp host I get: Couldn't resolve IP address "address". All of
the addresses entered in the ethernet setup are the same as the ones on
my PB (which has no trouble with e-mail or anything else for that
matter, well, it doesn't make espresso yet), so why can't it find the
host?

Trying to send over my modem returns "unknown error 205818528", if that
might help.

Tom