[NTLK] Syncing names & schedule on my Newt to PC...last effort to keep my Newton!

From: Drew Loker (lokerd_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 00:37:58 EDT

Hey Team! On a similar notes, I posted a note about how I am trying to
figure out how to use both the Palm V and my Newton in my life.

As I mentioned in the other note, I have 3 fundamental problems:

1) Size, but I can deal with this.
2) Company software is only avail on the Palm. But I can deal with this
because I am alomst always with in a few minutes of my ultra light laptop.
****3) Act will not work on my Newton.*****

It is this last one that is the big issue. I have spent hours and hours
trying to get it to work. It crashes when Act starts up and it is normilzing
mames for it's first use. I realize there are only a handful of people out
there using Act, and the recommendation has been to start from scrath. But
even then it does not work. I have no idea why.

But, the problem remains. If I could get my Newt to sync with my Act
database on my laptop, I would be ok.

An idea was suggested about 6 months ago to try to use organizer as a
conduit to Act, but the few hours I spent on that project was a waste of
time. I think because I just finally gave up. I think I tried one time and
it didn't work and had a mess to straighten up from a restore, etc.

So, in an effort to keep my Newt alive, and last recommendations on how to
get my database on my Newt to Sync with Act on my laptop?

BTW, I just got a Mac running on my Ethernet network here at work, with the
newton now just about able to access it, if this would help somehow. Like
with syncing the Mac and PC Act databases. But then I don't know how to get
the Mac to see the PC network. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks for any suggestions.