Re: [NTLK] Syncing names & schedule on my Newt to PC...last effort to keep my Newton!

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 06:39:43 EDT

> BTW, I just got a Mac running on my Ethernet network here at work, with
the
> newton now just about able to access it, if this would help somehow. Like
> with syncing the Mac and PC Act databases. But then I don't know how to
get
> the Mac to see the PC network. Any ideas on how to do that?
There're some applications which make the PEECEE seeing the Mac and vice
versa (MacLan for Windoze and Dave for MacOS). In our institute a kind soul
of IT person is Mac friendly and has set-up an access possibility into a
large file sharing server where each and every people can dump files onto
and share between platforms, including Mac. The internet access is also
possible w/o any problem and sometimes, if anything else fails, I share data
by publishing them in the internet and accessing it from the other platform.
You'll need to have a webspace access with directory listing allowed or have
to enable this somehow. Needless to say that each Mac (with MacOS >V8.6) can
be used as webserver, likewise NT4 can.
At least you could use a nice Mac and Windoze application , called Stargate
and transmit files, using a serial link (sloooow).

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing