Re: [NTLK] Living with Palm and Newton together...suggestions?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 06:30:30 EDT

> Yeah, I tried to live with a Palm V for about a week
> and found that it was indeed quite useful!
:-) I'm not that far with my m100.

> At restaurants, my table no longer wobbled...
> the door to my office stayed open now...At home, all
> those pesky nails in the railing on my balcony are now
> flush once again...In the garage, I no longer needed a
> parking brake! And I'll never have to buy another
> frisbee for the dog ever again! Hey, these are things
> I would never think of using my Newt for! Everything
> has it's uses!
To bad that it can't be used as bedside lamp it's to dark, I missed this
feature from the first minute. And also can't I use it as coaster for the
beer bottle since the display is to small. There are many other applications
of Newtons for which Pilots can't be employed.
Beside that I had a lot of trouble with synch attempts on both, Mac and
WinNT as well as W2000. On the Mac Palm Desktop and Finder crashed and
conflicted with the QuikeTake100 (ooooold) extensions and on the Wintel
platform the synching attempt of the date book wasn't finished after 5h+
(!!!) and I had to kill the application with TaskManager and do a reset of
the Palm. Also the battery of the Palm lasted only a few days... The form
factor let you carry the Palm in the pocket of your trousers but the lid
realeases quickly and all buttons are exposed and get pressed randomly
during walking.
Okay, I'll stop now here before I don't stop at all...

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing